While I was processing the information about our new products and listing them on all the selling platforms, I caught myself noticing (maybe because of its’ interesting name), that Jojoba oil is included in most of them.
And it is not without the reason.
Today I wanted to bring to the stage Jojoba oil and tell you about what oil it is, why it is so beneficial for your health and where to use it.
Here are some facts about Jojoba Oil:
- Jojoba oil is extracted from seeds of the jojoba plant.
- Jojoba plants are endemic to southern United States and northern Mexico.
- The raw version of the Jojoba oil has a bright, golden color, however the processed version is clear and transparent.
- It has a high shelf life and can be stored for long periods as it is a relatively stable liquid.
- Jojoba oil doesn’t contain triglycerides, as a reason it doesn’t oxidize easily and will not have unpleasant smell with the time.
Here are some of the properties of Jojoba oil, that make it so beneficial for your health:
- Jojoba oil is chemically and structurally very similar to the human sebum.
- Jojoba oil doesn’t clog pores or cause any allergic reactions.
- It is not an irritant and can be safely used around the eye area and on sensitive skin.
- It doesn’t leave a greasy coat on your skin like some other oils do.
- Jojoba oil is rich in A, D and E vitamins as well as in other minerals like Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Iodine and Chromium.
- Jojoba oil is a powerful antioxidant which protects from the harmful effects of free radicals, which may cause various chronic diseases and cancer.
- Jojoba oil is antibacterial and common bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus or the fungus Candida albicans cannot reproduce and die when they are contacting with Jojoba oil.
Jojoba oil benefits for hair:
- It can be used as a conditioner for dry and frizzy hair, replenishing moisture and improving texture.
- Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help to maintain the scalp healthy and clean.
- Jojoba oil locks in the moisture in the hair shaft, giving shine to your hair.
- Jojoba oil stimulates hair growth giving an additional nourishment to the follicles.
Jojoba oil benefits for skin:
- Jojoba oil can be used as a face and body moisturizer.
- It is a great and natural make-up remover and face cleanser.
- Jojoba oil can be used instead of chemical and irritating shaving gel, for both men and women.
- It is safe to use for children and babies.
- Jojoba oil has anti-aging properties: helps soothe fine lines and wrinkles, evens out the skin tone.
- Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties jojoba oil is used in treating sunburns, acne, psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
You can find Jojoba oil in following Isabella’s Clearly products: