Frizzy hair is a big problem that a lot of women, especially with curly hair, face. During the summer months when humidity levels and the temperatures are higher, the struggle becomes even worse.
Why hair is frizzy?
Frizz appears when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised, allowing moisture to pass through and dehydrate the strands while the natural oil flow from the Sebaceous glands on the scalp does not flow as it should. As a result, hair becomes dry and frizzy.
Naturally dry or curly hair is prone to frizz but there are other reasons, that can lead to frizzy and dry hair:
- Your body is generally dehydrated, because you are not drinking enough water and/or eating a balanced diet.
- You may use hair styling tools (hair dryer, curling iron etc) too often, without good heat protectant.
- Hair care products that you are using contain alcohol and SLS that causes dry and frizzy hair.
- Your oils and moisturizers of choice are not penetrating the hair shaft.
- You have over-processed chemicals in your hair, such as high-lift dye or bleach, that have damaged the cuticle.
- The sebum oil that your scalp naturally secrets is not making it down the strands of hair over the days after washing.
- Medications you are taking are causing changes in your body that affect your hair.
Usually products, that help fight frizzy hair contain silicones, that may have a bad effect on your health. Using natural oils and plant extracts replacement is healthier and more natural way in the battle with frizz.
Here are some oils, that will TAME hair and make them more smooth:
- Sweet Almond Oil – rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium and zinc, that are essential for healthy hair.
The hair shaft also can benefit from almond oil. Applying it to your hair will help to restore protective coating around the glands on each strand of hair. It can be used to make your hair shinier.
If you mix almond oil with tea tree or neem oil and massage it into the scalp, as a result you will get increased circulation and less dandruff. Combination of almond, rosemary and lavender oil can help eliminate hair loss.
- Castor oil is high in Vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and Omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids and has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. Its’ components, such as ricinoleic acid, balance scalp pH which can also help replenish the scalp’s natural oils and reverse some of the damage of chemical hair products.
The antioxidants in Castor oil also support the keratin in hair and help make hair stronger, smoother and less frizzy.
- Grape seed oil contains Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps to build tissue, and lineolic acid which promotes hair growth. Using grape seed oil in your hair care routine can help to restore strength and shine of the hair.
Also grape seed oil is lighter than olive or coconut oil which makes it ideal for moisturizing and conditioning dry hair because it won't leave your hair feeling greasy. Grape seed oil helps to lock in moisture and prevent frizz, split ends, and brittle hair.
The Isabella’s Clearly formula contains select natural ingredients makes a light weight oil to replace the natural loss of oil as well as lock-in and lock out the moister allowing hair to flow better.
Clearly TAME is a proprietary blend of essential oils that tame frizz and smooth unruly hair. This lightweight formula acts as a barrier against humidity, without weighing down the hair. Powerful nutrients add shine leaving your hair soft and silky. With regular use, Clearly TAME will strengthen your hair's texture by providing it with the nutrients needed to seal in the hair's natural moisture and protect it against spilt ends and breakage.