About 2 weeks ago I have written a blog post about benefits of Jojoba oil, and there I have mentioned that it is a part of content in a lot of our products.
Another important ingredient, that we use in 14 Isabella’s Clearly products is Sweet Almond oil. So in today’s blog post I want to cover everything you need to know about Sweet Almond oil.
Almond oil comes in two different types: bitter and sweet. The bitter almond oil contains a toxic hydrocyanic acid – amygdalin, when processed. The Sweet Almond oil, on the contrary, had been used for centuries as beauty aid for its health benefits and useful properties.
It is rich in B-complex vitamins, Vitamin E and A, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, essential minerals such as: Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium and Zinc.
Why you should use Sweet Almond Oil as a part of your skin and hair care routine:
- Almond oil is hypoallergenic oil. It is safe to use even for babies.
- Because of Vitamin E – powerful antioxidant, regular use of Almond oil can protect your skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage.
- Penetrating deeply into the skin, Almond oil softens and takes dirt away from skin pores. This is why it's great for oil cleansing.
- Because of Vitamin A content in the oil, it may help reduce acne.
- Almond oil helps to reduce dark circles under your eyes.
- Almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce itching and dryness on broken skin. Being mild and gentle it will prevent your skin from further damage and will not cause irritation.
- As I have previously mentioned, Vitamin E in Almond oil is a very powerful antioxidant. It helps to repair damage of the collagen layer in the skin tissues, as a result reducing fine lines and other signs of aging.
- It is also rich in proteins, containing essential amino acids that are required for the formation of collagen. It helps with reducing pain associated with sore muscles and provide nourishment and rejuvenation to the tissues.
- Naturally rich in Zinc, B-complex vitamins and Iron, Almond oil also helps improve nail health and soften cuticles.
- Environmental pollution, nutrient-poor and imbalanced diet, hormonal imbalance and stress cause major hair loss. Rich in Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium, that are important minerals for healthy hair, Almond oil helps restore strength and stimulates growth.
- Applying it to your hair will help to restore protective coating around the glands on each strand of hair.
- If you mix Almond oil with Tea tree or Neem oil and massage it into the scalp, as a result you will get increased circulation and less dandruff.
You can find Sweet Almond oil in following Isabella’s Clearly products:
- Clearly TAME - Smoothing Hair Oil
- Clearly WAVE - Heat Protection Hair Oil
- Clearly SOFT - Gentle Face & Body Moisturizer
- Clearly SOFT Sensitive - Gentle Face & Body Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin
- Clearly GAIN - Revitalizing Hair and Scalp Mask
- Clearly GAIN+ - Revitalizing Hair and Scalp Mask
- Clearly LIFT - Anti-Aging Face Serum
- Clearly EYES - Gentle Eye Oil
- Clearly NAIL - Nail & Cuticle Oil
- Clearly ZITS - Gentle Face Serum
- Clearly REST - Therapeutic Massage Oil
- Clearly HEAL - Therapeutic Massage Oil
- Clearly BUGS - Natural Bug and Insect Repellant
- Clearly BOLD - Premium Beard Oil